Lafayette Academy Community School will ensure instructional equity for all students by responding to data to provide targeted intervention, enrichment, coaching, and professional development according to individual student and staff needs in order to establish a school-wide culture of excellence.
Lafayette Academy prepares its students for success in a college preparatory high school in an atmosphere that challenges and supports each student to achieve his or her highest potential.
Lafayette’s values are at the core of the school culture and serve as the guiding principles of our behavior management approach.
We reach for excellence.
We take responsibility for our education.
We always show care and love.
We always do the right thing.
We always work and grow together.
OUR UNIQUE PROGRAM
- Fine Arts: The arts are integrated into Lafayette Academy curriculum and include visual arts and music.
- Technology: Technology is used daily as part of the curriculum. Each classroom has at least five computers set up for students to use. We have a spacious technology center equipped with 24 Dell computers loaded with both professional (Microsoft Office) and child-friendly educational software applications. Students visit the technology center regularly as part of their coursework. Laptop carts equipped with 30 laptops are located on the 2nd and 3rd floors for teachers to utilize in the classroom.
- Athletics: Lafayette offers after school sports to students in grades 2-8. Team sports include volleyball, cabbage ball, baseball, basketball, flag football, cheerleading, dance team, flag team, majorettes, and color guard.
- Extra-Curricular Programs: Lafayette offers extra-curricular programs such as band, debate team, and chorus.
- Social Worker: Lafayette employs two social workers to assist children and families in need of emotional support.